According to the German Data Protection Act the responsible office is:
Salfeld Computer GmbH
Phone*: ++49-1805-990 10001
Fax*: ++49-1805-990 10009
Data are to be considered as person-related if they can clearly be associated with an individual person. We only collect and store person-related data as far as it is necessary for the technical administration and the operation of the offered services and functions. We take common technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to your data. Servers storing person-related data are located in Germany. If you contact us by mail or via the contact form, we store the information submitted by you for the purpose of handling your enquiry and for possible subsequent inquiries.
Access rights of the app
– Internet access: The authorization “Internet access” enables the app to communicate with the Salfeld servers. Data which are exchanged via internet between the App and the Salfeld servers are transmitted using an SSL-encrypted connection.
– Telephone status and -ID: The authorization “Telephone status and -ID” enables the extraction of device-IDs for the purpose of identification of the device. This authorization is used to communicate with the devices of the user per push-message.
– Registration and user account enables Chico Browser to read the device name
– Location services (GPS) is used to get the current GPS position of the device
Transmission to third parties
A transmission of your person-related data to third parties does not take place without your prior consent, except in the following cases in which we may transmit your data to third parties without prior notice: Enquiries by investigative authorities. In those cases we are legally obligated to pass on data to the responsible authorities according to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany. In cases of attacks on our infrastructure or services we may pass on data to the responsible authorities necessary for criminal prosecution.
Collection and use of technical data
During the data exchange between the app and the Salfeld servers via the internet some data are automatically collected, stored and processed for technical purposes and separated from person-related data transmitted by you. Those data are:
– time of access
– version of the used App
– accessed URL
– HTTP status and amount of sent data
– Data collection for quality assurance
In case of a crash of the Chico Browser App, technical information about the crash will be collected to enable Salfeld to permanently improve and develop the app. That information is exclusively non-person-related information as well as information concerning the reason for the crash of the software. This data will be transmitted to Salfeld, stored and used for the purpose of improving Chico Browser.
Google Cloud Messaging for Android
Withdrawal / right to information
You have the right to be informed about the storage of your personal data at any time. Further, you have the right to correction of faulty data as well as the blocking or deletion of your personal data. To exercise these rights, please contact email@example.com